Monday, October 18, 2010

$2.27per meal

Well I need to be better at this whole blog thing. I just get lost in my crazy day. This weekend Jason bought 100 lbs of hamburger. He loves a great sale. We separated it into 1 lb increments so that it would be easy to use. we got to the end and had 7 lbs of hamburger to to freeze and ran out of foodsaver storagege bags. So I had to get creative. I have been reading up on Freezing meals so I decide to go to work.
I made:
4 Sweet and Sour Meatballs
3 Large Pizzas
3 Garlic Cheese Breads
2 Spaghetti Bakes
and 2 Enchilada Casseroles.
That is 11 meals for a grand total of $25.00
That is a grand total of $2.27per meal to feed my family of 6.
 I know that I will have to double this when my kids get older. but still a great value.
I love it. I need to find more meals to do this with.







.post signature

1 comments:

Jenn said...

now I know who to call when i'm last minute throwing dinner together and need some hamburger :) what kind of deal did he get on 100lbs of burger? I swear we go thru that like crazy. I have a couple great soup recipes that call for hamburger if you want them - they're cheap and you can just throw it all in in the am and let it sit all day :)