Monday, September 22, 2008

Peaches

This weekend my friend Nattalie and I went up to Brigham City to buy Yummy Peaches She likes to go every year and she makes a day out of it. Went tp buy peaches and then we wnet to lunch in a really nice restraunt that has been there since before the depresion. Then got to a candy store taht sells Chocolates. it is really fun. So I ended up getting 1 bushel of peaches which is ALOT. I made over 35 cans of Jam and Bottled 20 jars. I have never canned beofre but it was really fun doinf it with a friend. things go quicker when you have some one to laugh and eat the peaches.



Sydney wanted to help. She is a good stirer.

Look at all the pretty cans of Jam. I also made Raspberry and Strawberry.
I just might enter them into the fair next year. Hehehe
Here I was making Fruit Leather.
Cheyenne asked me "Whacha doin' mom?"
I said "making fruit leather"
She said "ARE YOU SURE??"
Silly girl. I just had to laugh. then Jason came in and I had him taste it. he said it was gooand and I told him that it was peach. Then he said. ARE YOU SURE?? I guess like father like daughter.

Here is Seth Licking the Blender paddle.
"Nummy Mommy"
He was eating the fruit faster thenI could make anything. He LOVES Strawberries.

What a fun weekend bottleing Peaches and Making Jam. Just so all you know that you are all getting Jam and Bread for Christmas and Bread and Jam.

post signature

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey Kelly! I'm adding you :D It's me (in case you couldn't tell) Jenn and i'm wondering when you and Nattalie are going to teach/help me jar peaches and make jam that doesn't have to be frozen?!

Anthony said...

Love your post!!! Who knew there were so many different types of peaches. So individual tasting and texture. My favorites were the Blushing Stars!! Wow a white peach. You made the peach jam and bottled peaches look heavenly!!

Angela said...

Wow. Wow so much fun... You are going to love the fruits of your labor. Hope all is well, you have been on my mind. Hugs

Janessa said...

I love Brigham city peaches- they are so yummy! That is so fun you were able to can a bunch. We did peach freezer jam this year. I am scared to do the real canning. Unless I have my mom right by my side telling me what to do-I stick to things that can't blow up my house:)

Ali said...

YEAH!! I am so proud of you!! Did the leather turn out?? What kind did you make!! It looks yummy!!