Saturday, June 7, 2008

Scrapbooks

Well I have been so busy since I got back from Montana. When I was at my grandmothers funeral. She was a HUGE scrapbooker. She scrapbooked before it was cool. She had a scrapbook for herself several of my Grand Dad. One for each one of her kids and Grandkids. She even had a few for Great Grand kids. She was amazing she even kept Journals of all of them. So while I was up there I asked if I could scan some pics in. I did not know when or if I would ever get to see some of those pictures again. So I stayed up all night scanning pics. It was so fun to get to know my grandmother better. There was things that I had no idea. Like she was Valedictorian and she was a teacher. I have been going thru my grandads books as well and learned a lot about him he past away when I was 10. So I really did not know him. He has a ton of pictures of the War. It was just amazing the things that they did and saw. So since I have got back my aunts have let me scan in all the books so that we can preserve the memories. I am also redoing my grandmothers book it is on the acidic paper so I have taken the pictures and labels off an putting it on acid free paper. It is quite the product but it is fun to see everything. I will post pics of the book when I am done. I am still so amazed that she has birth certs and death certs. It is so amazing that all this stuff was in one place.
It makes me want to get my scrapbooks up to date. I would like to preserve my heritage. So that my kids will have things to remember. I don't think that you even have to have a scrapbooky book. A simple one will be just as nice and you can document everything. It is so nice to go thru and remember what you did. That is my goal this year is to up date all my books.
What an amazing thing to hand down from one generation to another

post signature

2 comments:

Mom of Mix Kids said...

Agree 100%! I have some pics I'm gonna scan too. I'll make you a CD.

Angela said...

Kelly that is so neet, I am so inspired by your thoughts. Thanks for sharing